Re: [NTLK] need password generator for MP 120 with OS 2.0

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 13:28:45 EST

Sounds to me like what is required is a simple utility where you have maybe
three options:

Number of Characters?
Alpha, numeric, or alphanumeric?
Case Sensitive?

Then tap the 'Go' button, and it returns a totally random string which meets
the answers to the above questions. Say I am a network administrator and I
need to give someone access to my system, and this happens so often I've
exhausted my imagination. So I run the utility, I want an 8 character
alphanumeric password that is case sensitive. Tap 'Go' and the Newton
responds:

New Password: cd45^&AZ

Which I then use to set up the account and inform the user.

I'd love one of these programs too cos, you know, I am a network
administrator and have to assign passwords all the time.

At least, that's how I interpreted the initial request, and I've been
following the thread hoping someone would come along and say "Yes, here it
is: xxxxx.pkg"

Never even thought about hacking or breaking shareware.

I used to have a program that did exactly this, back for that one month that
I suffered a WinCE device.

-Stephanie