[NTLK] FOR SALE: Collectors items: Apple official Newton briefcase and keyboard and two 2Mb PC cards, also Newton Printpack cable

From: arthur battram (apb_at_cityplex.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 05:50:39 EST

hi

Rare opportunity to buy the rare

*official*
 Apple Newton briefcase
and keyboard
with
FREE PC cards.

The PC cards are a 2Mb Apple one, used for some backups - probably only
written to about 10 times - so nearly brand new; the Intel one, also 2Mb, is
AFAIK also new and used even less. Both were superseded by my 16Mb card.

I'll throw them in for FREE to anyone who buys the case and keyboard.

The briefcase is the official Apple case, it's in perfect condition apart
from 2 small cosmetic dents [not scratches but depressions] in the leather
on the back of the case.

the briefcase is roughly A4 sized, holds papers and files, has a big A4
pocket on the outside that'll take A4 pad up to 1.5 inches thick, a carry
handle and shoulder strap.

inside there's a velcro stand thingy to hold the newt, space for your mobile
phone, and velcro to attach the keyboard.

I have a picture if you'd like to see it - email me and I'll send you the
jpeg.

Also newton keyboard for sale:

which has only had v light use - I used to have the newt in a homemade
cardboard stand, with the keyboard on the left of my desk, next to my iMac
keyboard. I only ever use the keyboard to enter a quick address or note or
search. I once travelled with the case/keyboard and wrote a 3 page article
on the train, but my job changed so I stopped train travel, so never used
the case/keyboard as I envisaged to write whilst road-warrioring.

The keyboard includes the dongle connector.

 I did have a buyer but the price I asked was 100 US dollars total for case
and keyboard. (Unfortunately we in the UK end up paying pounds for what you
pay dollars for, so the case and keyboard both originally cost me something
like 120dollars each [80 UK pounds])

I'm open to offers - starting at 90 dollars for them both [you pay shipping
costs]

They would make a good collectors item Xmas present...

Best wishes,

PS: I also have a spare 'dongle' for sale, used to connect keyboard to
Newton...

And a powerprint cable - this is identical to the Newton Print pack cable,
allowing you to print to a range of machines, I'll include the software
also, obviously,

and a Newton to Windows cable...