Re: [NTLK] OT [poutine]

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 10:15:42 EST

On 13/12/01 15:42, "RedGhost" <dredghost_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> Being in the sopping wet Northwest, we have much in teh way of fuzzy-legged,
> veggie-eating, granola-brained folk. Ok, some of us actually eat real
> foods, but there is an abundance of "odd" stuff available. Since we have to
> feed these psuedo vegans, the health food shops carry both local and
> industrial (Tillamook) curds available to those who are interested. Having
> carefully searched for all the Poutine postings, I am going to make myself
> some and hope it is as good for the soul and a moonpie and RC cola. If so,
> it will then be able to rank up there with gator tail and hush puppies!

Please let us know about your findings. Please note that some people will
recommend to heat the gravy very hot to melt the cheese when you pour it.
You shouldn't heat the gravy too much and it shouldn't melt the curds, or
you will end up with a mess...

-Laurent.

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.