Re: [NTLK] Eclipse??

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 16:04:51 EST

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Eric L. Strobel wrote:

> Today is an eclipse and I've not seen the eclipse thing on my MP130. Now,
> just what is the circumstance that causes this to become visible?? (I seem
> to recall a list of Newt 'Easter Eggs', but can't find the URL... Perhaps
> it should get put into the FAQ??)

IIRC, you should see the eclipse animation on a 2.0 (NOT 2.1) Newton when
you first turn it on that day, and there is an eclipse (partial or full)
on that day. I'm not sure if it depends on what city/country you have
assigned as the default in your Owner Info (obviously, people on the
eastern seaboard won't be interested in an eclipse only visible in
California).