[NTLK] leaky owner info

From: Scotty Technoir (ticknor_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 16:22:16 EST

hi gang.
i was fooling around with the calls function, and noticed something odd. if
you use 'speaker' to place a call, and let it dial, a new window opens which
displays the phone number you have dialled. there is a menu at bottom [next
to 'hang up'] that says 'quick entry'. one of the options here is 'Visa' and
when i tap it, it sends my credit card number by tone and prints it in the
number display. This seems undesirable to me; that visa number is the reason
i have a PIN to access my owner info. is there a way to easily hide this
'feature' of calls?

pax,
scott

***see my coffee table at http://members.shaw.ca/ticknor