Re: [NTLK] Can you upgrade intenal 2100 storage? (Was: MP2000 + DRAM)

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 12:15:40 EST

I thought I remembered this tidbit from a past SNUG meeting, this is from
Adam Tow's Page:

"Wayne was a new member of the group, having only recently sworn himself
away from Palm and Handspring. Picking up a couple of discarded
Newtons, he dedicated himself to becoming a power Newton user. In his hands
was a most powerful Newton, an MP2x00-series MessagePad with 11
megabytes of flash memory on board! That's right, an addition 7MB of
internal flash storage (see in the picture at the top of this page).
Apparently,
Wayne had found a DVT MessagePad with the 11MB flash card and swapped it
into his main machine. Cool! "

See the whole enchilada at http://tow.com/photogallery/20010925_snug/

Greg