[NTLK] Problems registering Standalone Apps

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 23:37:58 EST

I have this strange little problem and I thought maybe someone on the
list has had experience with this and could give help or advice:

I want to register two shareware apps (AppMan and Clipper) from
Standalone.com and can't find the registration number for my Newton they
claim should appear when I run their registration app. All I get is the
information saying who the Newton belongs to, i.e. my user name. The
problem is I've already paid for these apps via credit card and after
several mails back and forth to Standalone no one there seems to have a
clue about what to do (since their ability to provide me with a password
for these apps depends on my being able to generate a registration number
with their registration app).

Thanks to all of you on this very useful list and Happy Holidays,

Chris Searles