[NTLK] Revisiting Pix Solution Accelerator

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 01:29:47 EST

I was just visiting some of my favorite sites when on
a whim, I decided to drop in on Pix Solution and drool
over the prospect of a 220mHz Newton (starting to feel
a little sluggish what with the new WinCE 2002
machines coming out of the gate at 206mHz)
So, dropping in on:
http://www.pixsolution.com/products.html#2000
I now see that they take PayPal!
hmmm, I'm in a giving mood this holiday season and I
really think I deserve a gift I can REALLY use.

So, this is a RFQ (actually, I'm just looking for
information) to all those that have successfully
and...unsucessfully installed and used the Pix
Solution...solution!

How hard was it to install.
What kind of room is there when you have a Dongle
killer installed as well?
What kind of battery life to expect.
I'm aware of sounds playing higher speed, but what
other things are sped up?
I believe that I'm safe with my ethernet card being a
dlink...I've heard that they work while accellerated.
But what about beaming and serial connections?
Someone on this list had a problem with the
accellerator not shutting off. Has anyone else seen
that problem?
The accellerator seems to have a variable speed up
value. What speeds have people found to be safe?

One last one:
There was discussion here about developing a
grass-roots accelerator which entails adding a new
x-tal and a switch to switch between speeds. Any
further development on this?

wow...I know that this is going to start a thread, but
the archives can use a little updating...we haven't
talked about this in a long time :-}
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====