Re: [NTLK] Humor for the holidays

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 07:28:21 EST

>On 12/20/01 @ 12:14 PM, Eric L. Strobel wrote:
>
>But, computer equipment just doesn't work that way. The
>darn thing is basically worthless. And the 660av that I
>invested nearly $3000 in will probably sell for $20 if
>I'm lucky. Face it, there's not a person out there that
>cares what you spent originally.

So true!

My 840av with 16 inch monitor, 1GB HD, 16MB RAM, plus the upgrades
through the years cost close to $7,000. I just gave the monitor away.

As for the computer, anybody need a cool looking, if not somewhat big
paperweight! :-)

I was offered a whole 1,000 yen, or about 8 bucks for it. That one stung
a bit!

Then again, there is my PB 170 which I still use (System 7.6.1, MSFT
Office 4.3.2 (W6, PP4, E5)).

The PB with all accesories was close to $11,000. Now I could sell all
for about $20-$30 if I got a good deal. One of the most expensive
accesories was a 128MB MO drive. Cost was close to $2,000. Value today
is about $0. Now you can get a 1.3GB MO drive for around $400.

Just one of those burdens one must bear if they love, enjoy and buy
electronic gaggets.

Things change so quickly. My PB170 has a 200MB HD. I upgraded twice
from 80 to 120 then 200. Each upgrade was close to $800. Today my
digital camera has a 256MB CF card with more storage than the HD! Yikes!

How many here remember 32MB SIMS when they first came out? When they
were new, about when I purchased my 840av, they were $3,200 per SIM. I
was excited when they broke the $1,000 barrier. Now you can't give them
away.

Sign of the times...

Sushi