Re: [NTLK] Voice Recognition

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 16:27:33 EST

On 20/12/01 04:11, "Neil McGillivray" <nmcgillivray_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I guess this subject has been gummed to death but....
> From this SNUG page it also said the guy with the 11Mb Flash DVT machine has
> voice recognition.
> I have also found a mention of Dragon on some of the other newton threads
> and I know that they may own the IP.
>
> However, could anybody like tell me if these drivers might be theoretically
> floating around on the internet somewhere?

Neil, probably a little mishap from you, but make sure next time that you
don't quote the entire digest. I know that some people on the list wouldn't
appreciate it, and it's really hard to guess which message you were replying
to...

There is actually a demo of the Dragon voice recognition software that you
can install, along with a hack that will let you use your internal MP2x00
microphone, and will recognize numbers, zip codes and state names. Check on
UNNA, it should be there somewhere.

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.