Re: [NTLK] Revisiting Pix Solution Accelerator

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 10:33:12 EST

The original crystal is about 3.61 MHz, and yes, the PLL multiplies it up to
get the desired frequency. There might be a way of doing it so it is a
smooth transition. Correction, there is a way to do it so it is a smooth
transition. Which is what Pixsolution does. Their implant board has the
two crystals on it, and other circuitry which I am going to assume monitors
the clock and makes the transition from one xtal to the other in a smooth
way and at a time when the newton isn't doing something important.

The quick-n-dirty way is, well, quick and dirty.

When my website is ready I'll post the instructions, pictures, etc. on it.

-Stephanie