Re: [NTLK] xerox

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 15:34:11 EST

on 12/23/01 6:02 PM, Brian Pearce at bpearce_at_cloud9.net wrote:

> I've read that these concepts that were supposedly discovered (as the story
> goes) by Steve Jobs at Xeros PARC and were brought to Lisa (and later to the
> Macintosh) were *already* in various stages of development at Apple; bringing
> Steve Jobs to see them in action at PARC was a way for the development teams
> to sell him on using them. (Other Apple employees had toured the PARC
> facilities and seen demonstrations of the technologies there long before Steve
> Jobs was brought along.)

It wasn't just Steve Jobs. Was it Steve Caps that used to work at PARC, who
was working at Apple? I know there was at least one ex-Xerox empoloyee at
Apple. They were attempting to build upon their ideas from Xerox, that
weren't appreciated there, but were appreciated at Apple. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland