Re: [NTLK] SER-001

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 21:31:29 EST

on 24/12/01 08:34, JonathanT. at res-qjonny_at_bonbon.net wrote:

> i've been a rather avid user of my MP2000 for a few years and just recently
> found out about the SER-001 internal serial port and my question is does
> that adapter allow the use of 2 serial devices at once (ie. keyboard and
> printer) or is it just another way of accessing the same port that you use
> when connected to the inter-connect port

Nope, only one serial port at this time. It is the same that you access
through the interconnect port.

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."