[NTLK] Re - emate without memory upgrade

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Dec 25 2001 - 16:31:46 EST

> Can a person effectively do lots of writing without the additional
> memory upgrade or is the emate hampered?

In my opinion this depends on what you mean by "write". As long as
you have a card, memory for your texts wouldn't be a problem, and
even if you hadn't you'd have to write for quite some time to fill
the memory of even the un-upgraded eMate.
Another thing is responsiveness. If you usually write quite fast in
the 10 finger system, I'm afraid it will happen quite fast that the
eMate is a fair amount behind what you are currently writing. For
some time this is just annoying (waiting for the text you typed 10
seconds ago), eventually, though, the eMate is going to lose text
I'm afraid.
This is for the Notes application. I've never tried yet to use works
for writing a long text really really fast, maybe it is better there.
But unless the Newton's saving the whole text whenever a new character
is entered is somehow disabled in Works, I'm afraid it'd be just
the same as in Notes.

Frank

Newton software and hardware stuff at www.pda-soft.de