[NTLK] Any way to get sound files out of a Newt?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 00:44:01 EST

Hi all,

This is my first posting after lurking on this fantastic list for a few
weeks. I just got a MP2000u after years of happily using a MP130, and I'm
very impressed. I also have quite a few questions, as it is a bigger change
from the 1x0 Newts than I thought it would be. This is something I haven't
been able to find in the FAQ or the archives:

Is there any way of getting sound files out of the Newton and into any
desktop-usable form? I'm thinking particularly of recordings made in the
Notes app. I've been following threads about making audio in/out adapters
for the MP2x00, but I'm wondering about exporting the sounds digitally.

I'd love to be able to quickly record my not-quite-2-year-old daughter's
latest verbal accomplishments using the Newt, and then store the recordings
elsewhere for posterity.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Michael