Re: [NTLK] $ 180 Newtons

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 12:10:36 EST

Dang! As interested as I am in these, this is the worst possible time. I
am negotiating for a car at the moment, and it is likely to sap my cash.
Does anyone know how long this offer will last?

-James

>somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 12/27/01 8:41 PM, the entity
>known as Cees witsen transmitted the following from cees_at_mac.com:
>
>> To All members thinking of buying a 2100, I'm communicating with a
>> company at the moment, they have somewhere between 1000 and 2000
>> units, they "Includes: PC Interface Cable - 4MB PCMCIA Memory Card-
>> Stylus - AC Adapter -
>> Battery"
>> The price per unit at this stage is US$ 180 however I'm confident
>> that if the "list" can present a big enough combined order the price
>> could be further negotiated down, everyone would of course be
>> responsible for their own purchase.
>
>OK, we shouldn't all be polluting the list w/ "me too's", but I'd say I'm
>30-50% likely to get one at $180 or lower. Perhaps if you get several
>"maybe's" you could lump them together into another whole projected sale,
>for statistical purposes at least.
>
>- Eric.

The James Elliott Newton Site
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?