Re: [NTLK] -10011 Error when Trying to Delete "Minimizer" Package

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 04:33:59 EST

on 28/12/01 15:45, David Abramowitz at underdog_at_erols.com wrote:

> Argh. I tried to delete the extension and got an error. When resetting, the
> Newt loads packages up to that one, and freezes. If I reset with packages
> off, both internal and on the card, I then select the extension and try to
> hit the routing button, which gives me the -10011 (Bad Object) error. Well,
> at this point, I can't reset and get the Newt (u2K) to load all the internal
> packages. The only way I can boot successfully is to do the reset with
> nothing loaded.
>
> How can I get rid of this thing once and for all?

Try resetting your Newton then hold the pen about halfway on the screen,
about 1/2 inch from the left edge. You should be presented with a dialog
that will ask if you want to activate packages on the internal store. Tap
"No", then hold the pen again if you have an external card. This way, you
should be able to boot your Newton without activating any package. Delete
the offender and reset your Newton again, this time let the packages
activate. See if it works.

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power. Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO, Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2. [IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.