Re: [NTLK] [OT] What OS on a LC 575

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 13:29:37 EST

If you decide to go the "ethernet route," you wouldn't need to buy an
adapter for the LC or the Quadra. The great thing about ethernet is that
you could connect to your iMac or iBook with nothing but an ethernet
crossover cable! This way you don't need to rely on he compatibility of
adapters. Plus, as has already been noted on this list, ethernet is
extremely fast. I got my eMate for Christmas this year, and the first
thing I did was go to a local used computer store, Computer Renaissance,
and buy a compatible ethernet card for $30. There is a list of
compatible cards in the Newton FAQ.

sj