Re: [NTLK] [announce] This Old Newt July Update (and a small rant)

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 14:28:09 EDT

on 01-07-2001 3:54, ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com at ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com wrote:

> (yes yes yes. I'll get a life I swear I will)

Yeah Rich, and you rightly should, so maybe it should be out for once and
for all (for anybody with a sensitive soul, please don't read on....)

Rich, what you did in January was fucking great, and even though I was one
that pushed for a new server I'm still eternally grateful for what you did,
not even mentioning TON (you just look at the amount of times people refer
to TON for answers)

So ignore the hate mail and selfish stupid rants, the people on the list
that mattered, like those that cared for the situation because they knew
people were kicked out, even though they were still on the list themselves.

Just a 'small' example, this is what I wrote on the 15th of March, and
though I'm not proud of it, with the ridiculous level of hate stuff towards
you at the time I still think it was justified:

Begin quote:

>> And Rich of TON: Please STOP advertising the
>> 'emergency' list; we KNOW
>> about it already, really we do...
>
> And stop splitting the list for your selfish reasons.
> Please go to your little list and stop wasting our
> time. Those who want it are on it.

Who do you bloody think you are, please crawl back in your damn little lurk
space and start thinking for a long time before you start insulting people
again that have contributed so much to the Newton community and even now try
to do stuff to make things better.
I'm sick and tired of people that start flaming the people that actually try
to do something about this shitty situation.

Robert Benschop

End quote.

P.S.

And now back to our regular program, where we're very happy on our new
server with the knowledge that the NT2 list is still in existence in the
background, I mean, even this thing could go wrong (keeping my fingers
crossed it won't......)