Re: [NTLK] Issues with the SER-001

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 19:20:26 EDT

* Paul Grothaus <pgrothaus_at_mac.com> on Sun, 01 Jul 2001
| Actually, if you plug in the dongle (with attached keyboard, serial cable or
| appletalk connector) while the Newton is powered on, the keyboard, serial
| cable or appletalk connection is not recognized.

The MP2x00 manuals say that you should turn off your MP2x00 when attaching
anything with the frob, be it keyboard, serial or AppleTalk, specifically
so that it properly resets the I/O system. Cycling power when attaching a
device to the SER-001 board is the correct and proper thing to do, and good
practice for all devices that are not specifically labled "hot plugable".

--
Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover