Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #34

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 11:44:16 EDT

And the main difficulty is not so much that AOL can
and probably will change their mail protocol, but that
Hardy had to figure out how the protocol worked on his
own. AOL gave him no information and in essence told
him that they will give him no help what-so-ever!
With support like that, it's a wonder he attempted it
in the first place.
Ed
web/gadget guru

<snip>
> Then AOL changed their mail protocol.......
> Hardy upgraded the software to 2.7 to comply with
> the new protocol.
> If I remember only thirty or so folks purchased the
> upgrade. ( price may have
> been an issue?)
> This was not enough to keep hardy interested in
> supporting the product any
> further. It seems that AOL could and will change
> their mail protocol again in
> the future
<snip>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...