Re: [NTLK] The Cube Is Dead!

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 20:03:15 EDT

No, no....not "discontinued Apple product".

"Valuable collectors item". Like the 20th Anniversary Macintosh. Or
the Newton. Or the Lisa. Clever design, bad marketing (or pricing).

;-)

I don't see what the big deal is about the cube being discontinued,
anyway. Apple has discontinued hundreds of models of Mac, and dozens
of form factors since 1984. So they did another one. Big whoopy-doo.

I like the smart-ass attitude their press release had, too. Don't see
that too often! I think they realized that the nay-sayers and the
press (often the same thing) would make a mountain out of a molehill.

- Bill