Re: [NTLK] Newtappropriasms [WAS] Travelling...

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 23:19:51 EDT

My 5+1 favorite Newton sounds (I should submit the HALs & THX to UNNA)

startup (using SunRise) HAL from 2001 -
"I'm completely operational and all my circuits are functioning perfectly"

alternate startup (altho not in stereo)
the THX "thruuuuummmm" you hear at the start of movies sonically encoded
for Lucasfilms' THX surround sound.

shutdown Hal -
"my mind is going... I can f-e-e-l i-t..."

Error Hal (with reference to Dave Bowman edited out -
"I'm sorry.. I'm afraid I can't do that"

Simplemail e-mail alert Hal from 2010-
"There is a message!"

but my absolute, knock 'em dead laughing, is my alarms that have the
Scooby Doo laugh
"Hee Hee he he he he"

Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com
mrollins_at_thermo.com

----
a favorite movie quote...
from "Manhunter", the prequel to "Silence of the Lambs"

Will Graham: I know that I'm not smarter than you. Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Then how did you catch me? Will Graham: You had disadvantages. Dr. Hannibal Lecter: What disadvantages? Will Graham: You're insane.