Re: [NTLK] The Cube Is Dead!

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 00:46:35 EDT

Hey, I promised my wife one for Christmas. I even picked out the build to
order at the Apple Store figuring I would place the final order this fall
(when I finally expect Virginia to mail out my tax refund...). Anyway, went
to the apple store and GONE... All mentions of the Cube. Now I have a
choice, buy one now from a mail order supply (and the supplies are drying up
fast) or wait for whatever is to replace it. She really wanted the cube so I
might just have to act sooner than later. It's just the built to order idea
with larger hard drive (I know I could upgrade it but that would be another
hard drive in the garage) and more memory (same problem) and faster
processor (mail order only carries 450 MHz). Sigh, maybe she will accept a
G4 power mac, just nowhere on (or for that matter under) her desk to put it.
If anyone sees someone trying to dump a few cubes left in inventory by
lowering the price, please post.

Chet Johns