Re: [NTLK] 2001: ASO Sounds, pix  [WAS] Newtappropriasms

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 15:15:42 EDT

Paul

>From: "Filmer, Paul E" <pfilmer_at_nsf.gov>
>Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:24:41 -0400
>Subject: [NTLK] 2001: ASO Sounds, pix [WAS] Newtappropriasms
> BTW I recorded the some sounds from the pod and used "Sound to Soup"
> to get
> them registered in my System, but I would really like to make an
> extension
> pkg to be able to post the sounds. Clues as to how to do this? NTK?

NTK is one way. Check the FAQ for info on this; I bet there's some
there.

Another way would be: SoundIconMaker from DeepFocus

http://deepfocus.com/newton/SoundIconMaker.shtml

while you're there, check out Sound Off!

http://deepfocus.com/newton/SoundOff.shtml

to assign sounds to various system events, and also check out his other
sound related stuff.

> I got clean takes of the pod ranging radar ("twit-bong") as Bowman
> closes in
> on his dead crewmember, and the alarm before he blows the explosive
> bolts to
> get back into the ship after being locked out by HAL.

Send 'em to me and I'll make sound icons for you and post'em to the
Info-Newt FTP (Victor, feel free to grab 'em for UNNA too.)

  - Bill