Re: [NTLK] Travelling with the Newton for the first time

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 16:12:31 EDT

On 11:26 AM 7/6/01 -0400, Bill Davis quoth:
> There's no "in case" about it in my experience ; they WILL want you to
> start them up (they always have for me, though I haven't flown for about
> 3 years.)

I just got back from Dulles, in Wash, DC and I had put it in the change
basket without thinking, and the lady looked at it, shrugged and handed it
to me. No X-Ray, no conveyor belt, no questions. A nice change. Meanwhile
here in Columbia, SC I had to let them nuke it, take it out of the case,
turn it on and then remove the batteries (thankfully they were alkaline so
no further questions) to prove my innocence. This city being the main
target of better terrorists everywhere, I suppose...

Also, out of the several people on my flight with PalmOS devices, I was the
only one that got the flight attendant's attention ("What is that?!?") Not
sure if this is further proof of the attraction of the opposite sex to the
Newton, or the fact it looks like it could really do some damage.

later,
ben.
ben_at_jcsarchitects.com

"Flapping your arms can be flying."