Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #53

From: Tom Fisher (tgf_at_csees.com)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 22:39:35 EDT

Unfortunately, these comments about the Apple /// are totally untrue.
I bought an Apple /// in the early 80s, and I used that machine
tremendously for 7 or 8 years. The Apple /// didn't need to run
ProDos because it had its own very sophisticated operating system:
SOS.

There were also lots of native applications that were available for
the Apple ///. The most common one was /// EX Pieces, an integrated
software package that combined a work processor, spreadsheet and
database.

I still have my Apple ///, and it still works. However, I have since
moved on to the Macintosh, so it doesn't get used anymore.

Tom