Re: [NTLK] connecting two newtons together?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 12:30:04 EDT

Are you sure that the IRDa works on both machines? I
don't know much about the emate, but I know that the
IRDa on my Newt is bad (gotta send it in for
repair...just can't stand being without for that
length of time) and this prevents me from "beaming"
anything...
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Eric <ericole_at_quixnet.net> wrote:

> I have tried several ways to connect an eMate and my
> MP2100. I can't
> even get them to talk over irda - it always says
> there was a
> connection error. even if I could though, no
> documentation seems to
> indicate you can do what I want: sync the two
> devices together.
>
> Specifically I would like to sync my Names and Dates
> books together -
> nothing else (except maybe my Eudora Mail). If I
> can get them to
> talk, is there a way to do it? I don't want to have
> to export to my
> desktop from one and then import to the other - that
> seems retarded.
> In a million ways this OS is phenomenal, I can't
> imagine I can't do
> this simple thing.
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated!
> thanks
>
> eric
> --
> Eric

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...