Re: [NTLK] PC card doesn't mount pakage.

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 14:18:59 EDT

------------------------------

> I may have to erase the card to see if it is usable. Any other ideas?

------------------------------

Way,

Did you try:

* eject card
* set write-protect switch ON
* mount card
* MAKE BACKUP of card
* set write-protect switch OFF
* erase card
* restore from backup

-10606 is what I get when I accidentally WRITE to a flash RAM card while
using my Ricochet PC card wireless modem. The combination works just fine as
long as I set the default store to INTERNAL while using the Ricochet. If I
forget to switch, within a few minutes the flash RAM will get corrupted,
exhibiting just the symptoms that you are seeing, and I'll have to repeat
the cycle of mount read-only/backup/erase/restore.

Since you're using the same Ricochet card I can only conclude that this is
what has happened to you.

Good luck!

-Jeremy