Re: [NTLK] USB - SCSI - N2100?

From: Dan Kuehling (macprince_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 15:39:33 EDT

On Wednesday, July 11, 2001, at 04:56 PM, peter brigg wrote:

> Is anyone out there synching their newton to a machine with USB ports
> ( mine
> is a Ti) ? I'm just about to buy (ebay hunting) a USB->SCSI adapter to
> permit
> printing (aged Imagewriter) and, hopefully, 2100 synchronisation. Any
> help?
>
> I noticed that the adapters offered mention drivers, and that caused
> this
> query.
>
> peter

Umm...I don't know exactly how you'd sync a Newton over a SCSI port,
seeing as how the Newton doesn't have a SCSI port. USB, however, is a
much easier proposition: just get a USB to Serial adapter, like this one
from Keyspan:

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/usa28x/

I sync my 130 to a PowerBook G3 (FireWire) with a Belkin USB to Serial,
and it works just great.