[NTLK] AW: e-Mate problems

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 06:02:54 EDT

Hello Brian,

I did not follow the discussion before, but for me (as an electrical engineer) this looks like a hardware problem of improper battery connection. Do you use the battery pack only or do you have the external power supply connected as well?
I have not seen the Emate hardware so far, but it should be possible to check if there is enough pressure on the contacts and if the contacts are pretty clean (especially inside the Emate). Maybe the Emate has to be opened to check this.
Of course there is a possibility to get it fixed professionally, and moreover if you live in the UK, but this is very expensive:
it is the Apple European Central Product Repair Center (ECPRC), located at Dunstable Bedfordshire.
http://www.euro-adt.com
mailto:newton_at_euro-adt.com
Phone: 0044 1582 650160
Fax: 0044 1582 650001
But if you do not want to spent a lot of money, you can send it to me (for the expenses of the delivery by mail) just to give it a try.

Regards
Johannes