[NTLK] AW: AW: AW: surfing the net thru a Mac as a router ?

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 09:29:32 EDT

That's true,

but have you missed the comments of Brian McEwen?
He explained what I did not knew before, that there is a special MacIP protocol: "MAcIP can be thought of as
PPP bundled within Appletalk. It's a mac-specific thing."
If you achieve to set this protocol on both, the Mac and the Newt, the problem should be solved.
But an important thing is also to assign an IP address to the Newt as well.

But apart from that I fully agree that the solution using Ethernet and a Hub is the most powerful and universal one.

Regards
Johannes