[NTLK] Newton Repair experience

From: don levick (donlevick_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 07:50:27 EDT

I have just dealt with Apple for a Newton repair. The calibration went crazy - and from reading the list, I knew the only solution was repair. I called the number listed in the FAQ, and initially the person I spoke to had NO idea about Newton. She transferred me to a tech, who had some clue. In the US, it's still $175, flat fee. They took my info and credit card number (they don't bill it till they do the repair). They sent me a box and Fed Ex slip (the box was for an old iBook). The repairs are now done in Kentucky. I removed my RAM cards, the cover, the stylus, and put in regular batteries - and sent it in. It was back in FIVE working days - in excellent shape, with a NEW cover, two blank for slots and with perfect calibration.

I'm real happy with the outcome - it was quick, clean, and complete.