Re: [NTLK] html to pkg book

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 20:17:03 EDT

From: Thomas Cherry <jceaser_at_mac.com>

Some time back I remember that this question has been beat to a pulp,
but there is no search on the archive so I thought that I would ask
anyways since I need to know. I want to convert a group of linked html
pages to a newton book. Can I do this?

the short answer is yes, using Newt's Cape.

the longer answer is that you can use LINK tag to combine multiple docs w/
graphics into a single book, and it will usually even keep the links between
them working properly, but this assumes that you've got the docs and images
already in cache on Newton, directory&filenames are unique; then you'd save
each "chapter" as a separate book package, then create a small "master book"
document that basically concatenates the separate saved chapters and fixes
up links. obviously, if there are lots of files, this could be
slow/cumbersome on Newton. (it's more of an experimental than well-supported
feature).

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com