[NTLK] NewtonIM pre-beta NOW AVAILABLE!

From: Jake Bordens (jake_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 21:51:14 EDT

Hello folks.

I've put up a copy of my newton jabber client NewtonIM. You can download it
here:

http://www.allaboutjake.com/newton/

Its nowhere near done. NewtonIM does the following thus far:

Download your buddy list from the jabber server.
See people who are online in your buddy list.
Send/receive messages to the people in your list.
Receive messages from the gateways.
Dock the windows to the left side of the screen. (experimental)

NewtonIM does not do:
Respond to subscription/unsubscription requests.
Understand any namespaces other than jabber:iq:roster and jabber:iq:auth.
Allow you to add/delete/modify contacts in your buddy list. (Use JIM or some
other desktop client)

Its free, of course... though if you want to throw a few new MP2k
writerights my way, I'd appreciate it greatly... or at least tell me where
to get 'em. I use to use barriers, but I like writerights better... if I
must, I'll get some Nu guards.

Hope you like it. Comments/questions/suggestions here.

Jake