[NTLK] Subject: Re: IrDA NPI/NBU/NCU

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 09:53:11 EDT

>> Was a solution to connecting Mac (in this case my powerbook) and Newton =
via
>> IrDA ever found?
>>
>> Has Thomas Tempelmann abandoned plans for his Dock NCU replacement proje=
ct?
>> It showed a lot of promise but that was several months ago.
>
> Thomas Tempelmann is offering is own docking application that does a few
> things and indeed work through IrDA.

Thomas really did an excellent job. Not beeing able to connect wirelessly t=
my Wallstreet was one of the few disappointments I experienced with my
Newts.
Now I don't need the complicated ethernet setup (I have my port blocked wit=
the DSL Modem, als was yet only able to afford a Lucent WaveLan Card for th=
PB, but not the AirportBase) just for installing some single pkg.
I just rotate the display 180=B0 and place the Newton behind the PB :) and
ethernet is used for backups.
The software works fine regarding my minor-non-hacker-needs, but you *have*
to read the documentation to avoid crashes.

Regards,

Oliver :)

--
- Macs sind f=FCr die, die nicht wissen wollen, warum Ihr Rechner funzt.
- Linux ist f=FCr die, die wissen wollen, warum er funzt.