Re: [NTLK] uMP2000/2100 vs. eMate

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 09:05:42 EDT

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Ivan T. Shaw wrote:
> I am one person who can say "been there, done that" with respect to what
> you're mulling over - I wrote my thesis with Newton technology. Well, I
> wrote the text of the thesis (and all the bibliography review/confirmation)
> with a combination of the MP2100 and eMate 300+DRAM upgrade (final

        Did you divide it up into <32k chunks? I found when I was working
on longer (but under 32k) text entries the lag started to really bug me,
too, when making changes (MP130 I tried this a lot, only a little on the
2100).

        hmm.. or does the 32k limit/slowdown when making changes to long
notes not apply to Works? Guess I need to experiment a little more now
that I have the 2100...