Re: [NTLK] Ethernet PCMCIA 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D-Combo

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 23:01:06 EDT

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Anthony Velasco wrote:
> can expect to pay $15 for a good quality used card (with dongle) these days
> - the XJack PC cards may be a little more expensive since they are providing
> the convenience factor. Good luck! ....and caveat emptor!

I used to keep looking for a cheap xjack ethernet card, then thought about
it and realized that I'd be carrying a patch cable with me anyway if I DID
find an xjack card, as about 70% of the time that I'm at a worksite and
use ethernet, it's just a naked active jack, I'd have to find a cable
somewhere anyway.... so I'm still really happy with the $14 card plus
dongle from computer-show.com :)