Re: [NTLK] MP 2000 and Nokia 6210

From: Dakkar (ceccarel_at_cibslogin.sns.it)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 08:04:04 EDT

On 20010723104453, Polenta Marco wrote:
> Here is my question: is it possible to connect a Message Pad with a Nokia
> 6210 through the infrared port? How?
I doubt it: the Newton OS 2.x supports parts of the IrDA standard, but
not enough to actually establish a IrCOMM connection (even though it
claims to support it).

Alternatively, you can buy a serial cable (DLR-3) and use it between
the Newton and the phone. See my webpage about connecting my Newton to
my Nokia 7110:
 http://www.thenautilus.net/HW/hardware.en.html (English)
 http://www.thenautilus.net/HW/hardware.it.html (Italian)

--

Dakkar - ceccarel_at_cibs.sns.it <Mobilis in mobile>

When I left you, I was but the pupil. Now, I am the master. - Darth Vader