[NTLK] (Hopefully) new eBook magazine

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 18:04:29 EDT

Hi all,

one of my beta testers asked me to forward this to NewtonTalk as he can't
post it himself. It appears that he is working on an eBook-like magazine
called LastResort.
Here's my clumsy attempt at translating what he wrote me:

It is a magazine that will probably be published in Newton and Palm eBook
format
(as maybe some of the Newtonians who have changed to Palm still are
interested in
news of the Newton). In the beginning it will be in German only, but if
enough
people are interested, it will be published in English shortly after.
Rene had set the date for the first (issue?) for mid-August, but unless he
gets
articles from other Newton users it is unlikely he will make that timeline.
Basically this magazine is on everything that has to do with pen computing.
Psion, Palm, even Magic Cap (whatever this might be), but of course the main
topic will be the Newton.
Experiences, software reviews, opinions etc.
If you have always felt the need to become an editor or reporter, here's
your chance
of fame and honor. Rene would prefer simple text files, about a half or one
DIN
A 4 page (which my English teacher once asked from me, too. She was quite
thunderstruck how much legible text in 6pt font fits on a single A4 page...)
Once the stuff is published, you will find it at www.pda-lifestyle.de
If you want to get in touch with Rene, please contact
rene-raggl_at_ms-design.at
(please do not contact me as I will not be able to anser any email until
August 6 starting tomorrow).

Frank