Re: [NTLK] NewtWorks enhancements

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 14:33:00 EDT

>Does this sound like something others have experienced? Know if Autoruler
>or other packages conflict?

I installed the demo yesterday and experienced no problems whatsoever
(except that the package is flagged copy-protected so I couldn't re-file it
onto the Card! Grrr... but thanks to Victor's package flag-setting app I
can remedy that problem.)

>I have to say, Works is neat.

Agreed. Try installing Works Draw too -- it's VERY cool.

>Anyway the 2 enhancement packages seem nice but I can't use the one at the
>moment.

I use WriteStuff and like it a lot. I especially like the extra fonts that
are preserved when exporting to RTF via X-Port, the Style Sheets, and the
Glossary. I might buy Works Better for the header/footer feature.

On my wish list for Works enhancements would be stationary support (yeah,
fat chance I know), creation of Draw stamps on the Newt (ditto), and a way
to activate the "Shift" key in Draw, to select multiple items and to draw
constrained shapes, without having a hardware keyboard attached. (Pretty
please! Any programmers willing to take this on? It can't be too hard, can
it?)

-Jeremy