Re: [NTLK] Help: 2000 New dongle and a Keyboard

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 11:29:06 EDT

On Friday, July 27, 2001, at 05:41 AM, Matt Wilson wrote:

> After much waiting my Serial Dongle arrived for my new 2000. My first
> job
> was to install works and get the keyboard connected. The first two times
> the keyboard worked fine and it also worked OK on my 130. Now it only
> occasionally connects (same problem on my 130) any ideas. Any eperiences
> with what (if anything) goes wrong with the keyboards. The dongle
> appears
> fine as it holds a NCU connection to my desktop without a problem. which
> would also rule out the connector on the newton I guess

I had this happening with my keyboard. I got a new one that worked fine.
So, I carefully walked my way along the old keyboard cable and found a
spot, right where the plug is, that was the problem. There was probably
a strewn wire. I cut it and put a new DIN-8 plug on it and it's been
working fine since then.

-Laurent.