[NTLK] AllPoints & WyndMail

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 09:51:25 EDT

ubject: Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #89
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 01 11:37:22 -0700
From: Herb Rabbin <hrabbin_at_earthlink.net>

>I have aquired an AllPoints wireless card. The software that came with
>it was WyndMail. Can anyone shed some light on the setup and or
history
>of it all. Is the modem of any use without the service?

Search comp.sys.newton.misc for AllPoints. I did some extensive postings
about the status, abandonware, etc.
The bottom line is no , you can't use WyndMail with Wynd, the IP address
to Wynd is hard-coded, and
WyndMail doesn't use NIE 2.

The company that developed WyndMail Newt for Wynd (they also developed
the Newt Printer driver) has
no idea where the source code is.

You can use it with a PC, Mac, HP OmniGo, and even some PocketPCs, as
their software allows the choice of
another IP address for the ISP. All except WyndMail Mac can be found on
the Net.
If you want WyndMail Mac I think I still have it.

---
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com