Re: [NTLK] iMac/eMate

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 14:46:27 EDT

>Hi out there,
>i will buy an iMac, BUT how to connect to the eMate??

>The other thing is this "bekin/keyspam/smirnoff" adapter, that could allow
>an old fashion seriel/usb connection---BUT where are this things to buy ??
You can find them on the web at any Apple products dealer (MacConnection,
MacWarehouse, etc.)

>An other question is, should i spend my last money to buy a 1.4MB drive,
>or should i spend it on a zip drive.
You can use the web for this. Use the personal web space that is usually
included in an ISP dialup account to send your file to. An ftp client
such as Anarchy can to send the files from the SE/30 and then download to
the iMac using the same. You will need to have your ftp password given
to you by your ISP provider. Or, you can email the files to yourself if
the amount of data is reasonable (5-6 MB). Given the ready availability
and inexpensive cost of optical media storage, external small magnetic
media storage will be largely "Toast" in the future. Don't waste your
money.

>Regards
>Jurgen Mintert

Mark Ross