Re: [NTLK] Looking for eMate 300

From: Samuel Jacobson (sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 15:13:56 EDT

Dear All,
  I am looking to purchase an eMate 300 with a DRAM upgrade (thus with
internal RAM at ~4 MB). The only things I really look for in a unit I
purchase is:

1). No scratches, either major or minor, on the screen. Forgive me for this
issue yet I have found that my eyes and concentration are very
    bothered by scratches of any type.

2). A battery that can hold a charge.

3). No problems with the PCMCIA slot.

  I have tried to purchase this exact configuartion/wish list on eBay twice,
only to loose both auctions in the last minute or so by $5 each time!!! Thus
I would like to stop my attempts at the eBay route as I find it tedious,
generally rather expensive, and lacking of any luck for myself.

  Both of these auctions ended at $365 and $355, respectively, and I would
be happy to pay this much (via PayPal) if the unit is what I am looking for
and has a standard set of "extras" (e.g. manuals, CD connection unity disk,
AC adapter, etc.) as I would like to use it for my schooling and general
notes via the HWR.

  Thank you,

Sam