[NTLK] Re: Dead dongle vs. USB

From: Frederick Heald (justfred_at_netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 14:33:52 PDT

While we're talking about this, it has occurred to me:

If Apple had chosen USB (which I believe was available tho not common; I
could be wrong) as the interface instead of the interconnect port (which
is basically the same thing) the Newton might have been a success.

Better connectivity; better docking; more options for peripherals; no
dongle; multiple connections via hubs; and maybe even a better synch
program to go along with it.

Thoughts?