[NTLK] Re: Overclocked emate/2100

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 23:29:09 PDT

That web site is not mine, it is Sine's. However, the term softswitching in
this case means, using software to switch speeds. The Implant monitors the
power switch, and is supposed to toggle it's speed change based on holding
the power switch down for a certain length of time. Using a hardware
switch, I have successfully switched speeds while the newton was on and
running. Both my MP2100 and Emate work fine having their clocks switched
while they're on and in use.

The two items that I think you are referring to are not capacitors but
crystals. One is 3.686 MHz and the other is 5.0 MHz.

--Stephanie