[NTLK] Re: Setting MP2K with iMac DV

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 05:06:41 PDT

on 6/13/01 3:04 PM, Flyzky at flyzky_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Imac 400 DV SE
> System 9.1
> NBU and NCU
> Keyspan Adapter
> Drivers v. 1.8 (the latest)
> Dock set in connet to serial.
>
> The message in the MP2K say when i tap Dock: The serial port is already in
> use.

It would seem that something on your Newton is using the serial port. Do you
have the Newton set to wait to receive faxes? I doubt it, as you have to
basically devote your Newt to that, but do you have some other software that
could be using the serial port? I have a similar setup, except I use the
Firewire PowerBook. Everything else is the same. On the iMac, make sure that
you are using the Printer port (port 1) and that the control panel is set to
call it the printer port. It doesn't work as well if you use the second
port, and call it the modem port. There are some wierd quirks with it.

--
-Jon Glass
Pensacola, Florida