[NTLK] Re: So UNSUBSCRIBE already...

From: Wayne Billing (Wayne_Billing_at_UManitoba.CA)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 09:15:38 PDT

>Please follow the instructions at the end of the email to
>unsubscribe to this email list. No one can do it for you, YOU have
>to do it. I have NO idea why you're getting these, but you have the
>solution. Just send an email to newtontalk-request_at_newtontalk.net
>with 'unsubscribe' (no quotes) in the BODY of the email.
>
>Gary

I haven't had enough time yet to scan through the hundred or so
[NTLK] messages I've received over the past two days to find out if
someone has pointed this out so my apologies if this has already been
noticed and fixed...

Up until yesterday I had been subscribed to the digest version of
this list (yes I have become aware of the low opinion some on this
list have of digeters but there it is). Yesterday when I checked my
email I received over 150 messages the *vast* majority of which were
[NTLK] postings. I had assumed that the "digest"er has blown and
would be fixed shortly (this happens occasionally, in my experience).
When the same behaviour began today I re-digested by subscription and
checked my status at http://www.newtontalk.net - it is once again in
digest mode.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I suspect that this same thing may have happened to 1 or 2 other subscribers.

Wayne

--
Wayne Billing                         | Information Services and Technology
                                       | Room 603 Engineering Building
e-mail: Wayne_Billing_at_UManitoba.CA    | University of Manitoba
v-mail: 204-474-6649                  | R3T 2N2