[NTLK] Re: Options to install software other than Serial???

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_BOS.StreamServe.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 13:46:30 PDT

> Good idea! Do you know specifically that the Ethernet
> software can not be
> copied from one store to the other?

I could be mistaken about this, but I think that with the built in software,
it's only possible to move packages from one store to another, not to copy
them. It makes sense, as a result of the always-loaded nature of packages
on the Newton. But it'd be nice if you could make a frozen copy or
something. I don't think it would be that hard to do, but I haven't seen a
utility that does. At the very worst, someone kind enough to help you could
move the packages to the flash card, then reinstall them over the serial
interface.

Come now people, don't make me write this myself! I know there's something
out there! ;)

-Sam